Let me start by saying very clearly, THERE IS NO PERFECT SOLUTION! There is no set of actions or policies that are going to result in zero deaths, no disruption to the economy, or complete return to pre-Covid normalcy. My proposed solution is designed to achieve the optimal balance of long-term health of the nation, quality of life, and minimal death & suffering. One big problem with government solutions to really any problem is that the goals are mainly minimizing political damage and satisfying the mainstream media. We’ve seen the results so far: tens of millions out of work, thousands of businesses destroyed, $4+ trillion of new government debt, increased depression/alcoholism/drug addition/domestic abuse/suicide, sports seasons cancelled or fan-less, child education falling way behind, endless examples of personal freedom loss, general unhappiness, and so much more damage….all while NOT slowing the death & infection rate to a significant degree.
With these factors in mind, here is my proposed solution:
- Remove all restrictions on possible experimental & proposed treatments. This includes hydroxychloroquine, convalescent plasma therapy, Remdesivir, foreign vaccines, and so on. Anything that has shown promise in helping fight the virus should be made available. None of these remedies should be forced on patients. It’s up to each patient & their doctor to determine the best way to treat the virus. Whatever happened to the Left’s “My body, my choice” chant? Doctors on the front line know the pros and cons of each option, and with practice, testing, and more data, they’ll find the best solutions. In the meantime, media & politicians are costing lives with their interference.
- Lift all lockdowns, mask mandates, business restrictions, and other unconstitutional government rules. We live in a free country. The livelihoods and quality of life are threatened by continued enforcement of these fascist, harsh government dictates. Trust the people to use their own common sense and take personal responsibility. Businesses and high-risk patients are still free to use masks, social distancing, or whatever other actions they deem appropriate.
- Pass liability protection for businesses against Covid-19 lawsuits. With millions of Americans already infected with coronavirus, it’s impossible to know for sure when or where anyone picked up an infection. Yet, that’s not going to stop greedy trial lawyers from filing an endless number of lawsuits, which is especially damaging to small businesses that don’t have the funds to defend. Keep in mind, each employee is also making a choice to work at a place where they may be exposed to the virus. As long as there are potential lawsuits, companies will continue to enforce anti-common sense and anti-freedom policies such as OCD scrubbing, mask mandates, empty tables, extreme social distance, etc. that annoy customers and employees. There’s no reason, for example, we need empty sport stadiums or restaurants at 30 percent capacity.
- Stop Big Tech Censorship of Scientists & Medical Professionals. Everyone knows there is fake and inaccurate information on the web, but the Big Tech censorship gestapo has used it as an excuse to censor legitimate scientists and doctors from sharing ANYTHING that goes against the stay-at-home/panic/shutdown narrative. Real science is about testing & re-testing, analyzing more data as it becomes available, sharing observations & experience, and learning from what works or doesn’t work. The advancement of coronavirus solutions has been stifled because NO ONE is allowed to challenge government experts. This is a new virus! How is any single group of experts supposed to know everything there is to know? We can’t learn if we can’t share knowledge.
- Trust the human immune system. Few in the panic/hysteria mainstream media want to admit that 99.8% of people who contract the virus will survive, almost entirely because of the human immune system, and after they recover from the illness, they have the antibodies to fight off any additional exposure, as well as valuable plasma to help other patients. For the young and healthy, it may be better to get the virus now while their immune system is at it strongest, similar to what it was for chicken pox.
- Continue funding new possible treatments or vaccines. There are dozens of vaccines in development. Maybe one day we’ll have an effective & safe version, but it could be years away and may not happen at all. There’s no vaccine for HIV. Flu has been around for over a century, yet vaccines only have minimal, if any, effectiveness. Maybe some better options for treating the symptoms will emerge. Who knows? We shouldn’t sacrifice the quality of our remaining years on hopes & prayers.
- Put a new national emphasis on general health & wellness. Since there is no better defense against Covid-19 than health with a strong immune system, we should take steps to increase overall wellness. Educate the public on steps to strengthen the immune system–get adequate sleep, exercise, eat a healthy diet, take helpful supplements like vitamin C/D & Zinc, stop smoking, spend more time with friends & family, re-open stress outlets like sporting events & concerts, and so on.
- Achieve herd immunity. Millions of Americans have already have tested positive for Covid, and the CDC says actual rates could be 20 times as high. If we let the virus run it’s course, we may soon reach herd immunity, in which case transmission of the virus falls to almost zero. Like the flu and colds, we’re all likely going to be exposed at some point to the virus. Masks & social distancing just puts off the inevitable. Once the vast majority of the population has antibody immunity, we don’t have to worry about passing it on.
- Turn off the news and avoid social media. Things are nowhere hear as bad as the media portray every day, and social media only perpetuates the negativity and fear. For your own happiness and piece of mind, just stay away! Plus, you’re unlikely to get an accurate picture of the virus. Mainstream & social media emphasize emotion, negativity, sensationalism, and political agendas rather than science, math, logic, and historical perspective.
Again, there is no perfect, easy solution. Covid-19 is dangerous, no doubt, but we can fight it off while still protecting our freedom, economy, and whole way of life!
George Carlin on Germs, the Immune System
Written by: Joe Messerli
Last Modified: 10/26/2020
Other Links That May Interest You
12 Lessons Learned from Covid-19
Dr. Anthony Fauci Meme Gallery
All Politically Incorrect Meme Galleries