1. Government will use any crisis to take away your rights and give themselves more control, and once you relinquish those rights, you don’t get them back. We are six months into “15 days to slow the spread” and we still have lockdowns, business restrictions, empty sports stadiums, mask mandates, and other arbitrary, anti-common sense rules that aren’t backed by results or science data. Mask mandates have been in place in nearly every state for months, yet we haven’t seen any significant correlational infection rate reduction, certainly not enough to offset the negative health & psychological effects of masks, not to mention their ability to ruin the enjoyment of almost any activity. Are we going to be forced to wear masks the rest of our lives if we don’t find an effective vaccine? The “new normal” is code for “you’re never getting your rights back.”
2. Big business will move in lock-step with big government, and they’ll be richly rewarded. Wal-Mart, Costco, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Twitter, and other megacap companies have all gone along completely with government Covid-19 rules — enforcing mask mandates, silencing opposition, etc., and they’ve all made a killing, with their stocks near all-time highs as testament. Small business competitors have been crushed, many to the point of bankruptcy. The result is that free-market capitalism is almost gone, replaced by an oligarchy of big businesses & billionaires that control everything.
3. Half the country will go along with free speech restrictions as long as it isn’t their own views being censored, not understanding that if others are silenced, eventually the same controls will be used to silence them.
4. Once politics and mainstream media get involved in science, it can no longer claim to be true “science.” We’ve seen over and over how WHO and the CDC will set or modify guidelines at any time based on political goals and media pressure. And how can anything be called true science when ALL alternative viewpoints by qualified doctors & scientists are squashed by Big Tech and media blackouts?
5. Mainstream media will gladly tank the economy and let people die to destroy political enemies and restore Establishment power. The media has created an irrational level of fear never witnessed in U.S. history, one that simply doesn’t match math and science data. Any treatments that don’t go along with the panic/lockdown/fear narrative (such as hydroxychloroquine, convalescent plasma therapy, and remdesivir) have been relentless attacked based on obscure research and dubious scientists. Any politicians that don’t go along with the narrative are labeled as “wanting people to die.”
6. The government will use any crisis to disregard the Constitution. Freedom of religion, speech, press, or assembly anyone? How about depriving citizens of life, liberty, or property without due process of law?
7. Politicians will use crises to spend money on things that have nothing to do with the instigating event, rewarding their campaign contributors in the process. Very little of the trillions spent on the Covid “stimulus” packages has went to individuals or Covid-related medical costs. The vast majority went to big business “bailouts.”
8. Government should be kept as far away as possible from our health care system as possible. Have you ever seen such incompetence in simply distributing personal protection equipment and test kits? Do you think anyone in the private sector could have done it more cheaply and efficiently? Half the Covid official deaths are related to incompetent governor mandates related to nursing homes.
9. The public is woefully uneducated in history and the human immune system. The media has only been able to create such fear because too few people understand the functioning of the immune system, which fights off Covid-19 in at least 99.5% of cases (probably higher). And watching government so easily dupe the population and take away freedoms show few have learned the lessons of totalitarian governments and virtually every dystopian novel ever written.
10. Never underestimate any persons’ job. Covid has created a new appreciation for grocery clerks, truckers, nurses, stylists, waiters, and so many other professions.
11. Live a healthy lifestyle. About 94% of Covid deaths have had some kind of comorbidity condition such as emphysema, obesity, or diabetes. Eating well, exercising, getting plenty of sleep, giving up smoking, and making other healthy lifestyle changes are essential to surviving this or any other epidemic.
12. Politicians stay in power by creating division. Have you ever witnessed a more divided country since the Civil War? Government has weaponized much of the population to shame, report, and attack anyone who doesn’t follow their dictates. The division keeps hatred and anger directed at fellow citizens rather than at government, where it belongs.
Written by: Joe Messerli
Last Modified: 12/30/2020