Political Memes and Funny Pictures
Social Media Posts of the Day
Random Thoughts of the Day
* Continuing on the travel theme of my last Random Thoughts blog, leftist politicians have made it more expensive in two newer ways. The first is higher-than-average sales taxes, especially on hotels. Locals rarely complain about these tax rates that are usually 10-15 percent of the base price because they live in the area; thus, the out-of-towners bear the brunt of the cost. It’s so common now, though, that EVERY traveler gets punished wherever they go, so maybe it’s worth fighting the next time a politician proposes a new traveler tax? The second is the recent escalation of regulations on Uber and VRBO-type accomodations. Increased costs & hassle plus decreased flexibility just drives up the end cost to travelers, and it discourages the services from even being offered. So are these leftist politicians really standing up for Uber workers & VRBO owners, or are they serving the much larger corporate donors in the hotel/transportation industry?
* Loading the front of airplanes before the back is not only slow & inefficient, it punishes the early boarders of aisle seats. How?…they get to be pummeled by luggage & elbows as passengers make their way down the middle of the sardine can.
* “Literally” is a word that literally needs to stop being overused, especially by people who literally don’t know the f*cking meaning of the word. And if you use it 3 or more times in the same conversation, you literally need to get slapped upside the head.
* If you’re one of the people who post a meme with the sole comment of “this 👇”, please stop. You sound like a preachy, condescending ass. “This” was common among arrogant, elitist liberals during Covid as a way to talk down to the ignorant peasants who weren’t obeying their superior overlords.
* The same liberals who pooh-poohed record stock prices during the Trump administration are now puffing their chests that the prices are back near record highs under Biden (after a 20% drop in 2022). However, has the real value gone up, or is the currency used to buy stocks simply worth a lot less? Let me put it to you this way, if you sold $5000 of Apple stock in 2021, what could you buy with it in groceries, gas, rent, etc? How about if you sold $5000 of Apple stock in 2024? Hell, if U.S. stocks were measured in Venezuelan bolivars instead of dollars, imagine the record price level the index would be at?!! 😱 Under Trump, stock prices reached record highs while inflation was near 0 percent. That is a real accomplishment, which is why so many of us felt much richer back then than we do today. BTW, Venezuelans are celebrating that inflation slowed to 190 percent in January, down from 686 percent in 2021. Don’t worry though, Republicans and Democrats, just keep spending, we’ll be fine! 👌
Quote of the Day
Message of the Day
Other Links That May Interest You
Woke Corporate Politics Meme Gallery
Social Credit Scores & ESG – What Are They and Why Are They Loved By the World Ruling Class?
Work and Job Meme Gallery 3
Daily Meme Posts
Non-Political Meme Galleries