Political Memes and Funny Pictures
Random Thoughts of the Day
* Sorry I fell behind on some current event memes lately. I’ve been on a 8-day cruise and didn’t feel like paying $25 per day per device for slow, heavily-restricted Carnival internet. I remember a time where Caribben travel meant sun and relaxing food & drinks. Lately, it’s just become overcrowded and filled with a 24/7 barrage of sales pitches or other lines of people with their hands out. I don’t mind spending extra on vacation, but can you please let us go anywhere without having to fend off the vultures?
* So much of travel nowadays, especially at Carnival, is the obsession with pictures. Sure, I love to take a few photos to preserve great memories, but that’s not why 99 percent of photos are taken these days. They’re taken to impress others and portray some lifestyle image. Carnival had someone with a camera at every corner of the trip trying to sell you on some situational photo that usually didn’t portray an actual experience of the guest. Wouldn’t it be nice if we focused our vacations on actually enjoying the time rather than projecting an image of enjoyment?
* Someone tell me in the millions of flights that have taken place to date that the airlines haven’t figured out it’s stupid to load the front of the plane before the back?! Why clog the front with slow-moving passengers who create bottlenecks, preventing the rest of the plane from loading? Slow passengers in back who take forever to pack a bag in the overhead bin can lollygag without blocking the rest of us. Problem solved.
* Paper straws may be one of the dumbest inventions to date. Not only do they make your whole drink taste like paper, they often dissolve & crumble before you finish it, especially in a warm, tropical environment where the beverages are one of the highlights of the trip.
* I’ve blogged about business scams that need to die such as mail-in rebates and hard-to-cancel subscriptions. Another one is the now commonplace one of quoting a smaller price, then tacking on a bunch of added fees such as a “service charge,” “ordering fee,” “convenience fee,” or whatever bullshit term they choose to use. Carnival even charged a $20 “corking fee”–Yes, $20 to remove the cork from a wine bottle. Gee, do you think customers might catch on to the scam of not quoting the real total price? Here’s a quiz for you businesses, do you think customers will love or hate your company more when you pull this crap? 🤔 Just give us the total f-ing price already. If you want a separate line for the additional amount government is stealing, that is fine.
* Related to that, I’ve found there is one question that will stump nearly every salesperson at a cell, cable, or internet company — “What is my total with all fees and taxes?” Granted, I may be the only person in existence who’s ever asked them this excruciatingly difficult question. 🙄 Even after the inevitable long delay to answer, I’ve never once in my life been given the correct overall total by a utility company rep. Again, a question for people at these businesses, what do you think the reaction will be when the customer is forced to pay more than quoted? 🤔
* If you didn’t already know that Nikki Haley was an Establishment hack, the SNL appearance should have clinched it for you. Like Chris Christie, Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, Mike Pence, and others, the goal of her campaign has NEVER been about winning. Even campaign interns in their first week on the job could figure out, if you really wanted to win the 2024 Republican nomination, you’d do virtually everything the exact opposite of these people. Even if you want open borders & endless wars, and even if you hate Trump and think he’s the worst possible next president, if you REALLY wanted to win the nomination, you would not be stupid enough to say these things. Nikki Haley is another in the chain of media-pushed candidates who are there for no other reason than to attack Trump and any anti-globalist/anti-war policies. After she loses the nomination fight in a landslide, watch for her to join the rest of the RINO brigade who are far more willing to attack Trump than any leftist candidates. Winning & personal integrity have never been part of their campaigns, or at least not once they joined the list of bribed and/or blackmailed national politicians, destined to join the lobbyist ranks after their destroyed political careers are over.
Social Media Posts of the Day
Quote of the Day
Message of the Day
Other Links That May Interest You
Climate Change & Global Warming Meme Gallery 5
Diet, Exercise, and Fitness Meme Gallery 4
Educational Indoctrination Meme Gallery 3
Gun Control Meme Gallery 3
Daily Meme Posts
Non-Political Meme Galleries